|第 1 页：完型填空|
|第 2 页：阅读理解|
|第 5 页：写作|
暂无备案 Read the following text. Choose the best word(s) for each numbered blank and mark A,B,C or D on the ANSWER SHEET.(10 points)
As many people hit middle age, they often start to notice that their memory and mental clarity are not what they used to be. We suddenly can’t remember ___1___ we put the keys just a moment ago, or an old acquaintance’s name, or the name of an old band we used to love. As the brain ___2___, we refer to these occurrences as “senior moments.” ___3___ seemingly innocent, this loss of mental focus can potentially have a (n) ___4___ impact on our professional, social, and personal ___5___.
暂无备案 Neuroscientists, experts who study the nervous system, are increasingly showing that there’s actually a lot that can be done. It ___6___ out that the brain needs exercise in much the same way our muscles do, and the right mental ___7___ can significantly improve our basic cognitive ___8___. Thinking is essentially a ___9___ of making connections in the brain. To a certain extent, our ability to ___10___ in making the connections that drive intelligence is inherited. ___11___, because these connections are made through effort and practice, scientists believe that intelligence can expand and fluctuate ___12___ mental effort.
暂无备案 Now, a new Web-based company has taken it a step ___13___ and developed the first “brain training program” designed to actually help people improve and regain their mental ___14___.
The Web-based program ___15___ you to systematically improve your memory and attention skills. The program keeps ___16___ of your progress and provides detailed feedback ___17___ your performance and improvement. Most importantly, it ___18___modifies and enhances the games you play to ___19___ on the strengths you are developing—much like a(n) ___20___exercise routine requires you to increase resistance and vary your muscle use.
1. [A]where [B]when [C]that [D]why
暂无备案 2. [A]improves [B]fades [C]recovers [D]collapses
3. [A]If [B]Unless [C]Once [D]While
4. [A]uneven [B]limited [C]damaging [D]obscure
暂无备案 5. [A]wellbeing [B]environment [C]relationship [D]outlook
6. [A]turns [B]finds [C]points [D]figures
7. [A]roundabouts [B]responses [C]workouts [D]associations
8. [A]genre [B]functions [C]circumstances [D]criterion
9. [A]channel [B]condition [C]sequence [D]process
暂无备案 10. [A]persist [B]believe [C]excel [D]feature
11. [A] Therefore [B] Moreover [C] Otherwise [D] However
12. [A]according to [B]regardless of [C]apart from [D]instead of
暂无备案 13. [A]back [B]further [C]aside [D]around
14. [A]sharpness [B]stability [C]framework [D]flexibility
暂无备案 15. [A]forces [B]reminds [C]hurries [D]allows
16. [A]hold [B]track [C]order [D]pace
17. [A]to [B]with [C]for [D]on
18. [A]irregularly [B]habitually [C]constantly [D]unusually
暂无备案 19. [A]carry [B]put [C]build [D]take
暂无备案 20. [A]risky [B]effective [C]idle [D]familiar